Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:17:33 -0400
From:      Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't reattach gbde slice [testing]

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 07:59:07PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> can you try the two fixes I just committed to -current ?

Yes, seems to solve problems attaching in this test case.
I've tried to break things again: so far seems fine, but
haven't done anything exhaustive.

Is it necessary after patching to rebuild number_of_keys=1 volumes
that haven't had key sector problems yet?

Will patches be included in upcoming 5.3-release?  Otherwise
notification in errata would help, just in case people setup such
a device.

Those with existing such volumes should now dump the filesystem
and apply patches since they might otherwise loose data w/ existing
gbde device and an unpatched kernel.

Thanks,
--
 Allan Fields, AFRSL - http://afields.ca
 2D4F 6806 D307 0889 6125  C31D F745 0D72 39B4 5541