Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 13:45:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        badger@crackhouse.res.cmu.edu, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sb16 problems

> Dumb  question , are you listening on the audio line out ?
> Try  a different audio out channel.
>
> >From The Desk Of "Thomas A. Drake Jr" :
> > hi.
> >
> > i have a soundblaster16 that came with a factor standard Dell Ppro200
> >
> > i have configured my kernel just as it is in LINT.
> >
> > the card output sound, but the volume is so low that is it can hardly be
> > heard. i have used mixer to up the volume to 100:100.. still the volume is
> > low.
> >
> > is there any way to fix this, or do i need another card?

This is no dumb question. I have a cheap SB16 clone which has 3 jacks:

Line In, Mic, Line Out. No Speaker !

So I HAVE to use Line Out. Anyway, I'm using xmmix to get all the gain
up to the top. It's a little bit louder. If you want it really loud
you must plug in active boxes or your home stereo.

Bye,
	Udo

--
Udo Wolter, email: uwp@cs.tu-berlin.de