Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2015 18:30:37 +0530
From:      prateek sethi <prateekrootkey@gmail.com>
To:        Scott Long <scott4long@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bad disk discovery

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the your quick response.

I have different set of hardware . So that's why I want to know how I can
debug it myself . Is there anyway or procedure using that I can findout
about the situation or the reason for CDB errors or disk command failure?

Right now I am giving detail about the setup where I am getting this issue =
.

I am using LSI SAS2008 controller and connected with supermicro Enclosure
with freebsd 9.3. 16 different disks are there but only one disk is having
problem. That means contoller and cable are fine.

Faulty disk info are like:-.

*smartctl output is:-*

smartctl -x /dev/da23

=3D=3D=3D START OF INFORMATION SECTION =3D=3D=3D
Vendor:               SEAGATE
Product:              ST3600057SS
Revision:             000B
Rotation Rate:        15000 rpm
Form Factor:          3.5 inches
Logical Unit id:      0x5000c5007725173f
Serial number:        6SL8YLPC0000N5030DY7
Device type:          disk
Transport protocol:   SAS
Local Time is:        Tue Dec  8 18:20:45 2015 IST
*device is NOT READY (e.g. spun down, busy)*

*Logs:-*

Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: da23 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 148 lun 0
Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: da23: <SEAGATE ST3600057SS 000B> Fixed Direct
Access SCSI-5 device
Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: da23: Serial Number 6SL8YLPC0000N5030DY7
Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: da23: 600.000MB/s transfers
Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: da23: Command Queueing enabled
Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: da23: *Attempt to query device size failed: NOT
READY, Logical unit not ready, cause n*
Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: ses1: da23,pass26: Element descriptor: 'Slot 24'
Dec  8 14:12:01 N1 kernel: ses1: da23,pass26: SAS Device Slot Element: 1
Phys at Slot 23

*driver versions:-*

dev.mps.0.firmware_version: 15.00.00.00
dev.mps.0.driver_version: 16.00.00.00-fbsd