Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:47:36 +0800
From:      Jarvis Cochrane <jarvis@guru.wow.aust.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mail merge from command line?

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is some tool that will let me perform "mail
merges" from within shell scripts or driven by cron.

I work the student administration office of a University and we are
considering doing direct e-mails of information out to students to save
on paper and envelope stuffing. We need to be able to easily create
template files that can then be filled in with custom information for
each student - name, address, course details, etc.

It'd be really great if, as well as plain text files, we could also
produce PDF or postscript files if required.

Any ideas and feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jarvis
--
Jarvis Cochrane, IT Support

Office of Student Services  |  jarvis@guru.wow.aust.com
Murdoch University          |  cochrane@central.murdoch.edu.au
Western Australia           |  [61|0] 8 9360 6128