Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:16:18 -0500
From:      Yarema <yds@dppl.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        will@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/21439: FIX: mail/postfix-current

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> Yes, this was omitted because it was agreed that it shouldn't touch
> /var/spool/postfix
>
> If you'll notice, I am the maintainer now so you can send the patches to me
> directly for testing if you like.

Yes, I noticed. :)  I'm very happy with this development.  Both postfix
ports have suffered from unresponsive maintainers for long enough.  Very
good job pushing the latest changes through.  I usually CC the
maintainer when submitting a PR with patches.  That's only because many
maintainers are unresponsive and I just hope that someone will commit
the patch with or without a maintainer's blessing.  Postfix-current
however seems to be in capable hands now.  One pet peev I have with the
port as it stands now is that I'd like to convert all the patch files to
unified format.  Unified diffs are easier to read and take up less disk
space and sup time.  I'm willing to do the work if I know the changes
will get committed.

Also after sending my last patch I noticed a redundancy in the Makefile.
Attached is Yet Another Diff removing:

        @${MKDIR} -m 755 /var/spool/postfix
        @${CHOWN} root:wheel /var/spool/postfix

which is handled by: