Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 08:47:13 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Robert Schien <robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel config option for doscmd

Robert Schien scribbled this message on Aug 23:
> I am running 3.0-current (as of today) and I tried running
> doscmd. But all I get is
>
> sigreturn failed : Invalid argument
> doscmd: fatal error vm86 returned (no kernel support?)
> Init: -1
>
> How do I enable kernel support for vm86? I tried
> options VM86

put VM86 in quotes like:
options	"VM86"

it's needed when the option has numbers in it...

> in the kernel config file, but this was considered as a 'syntax error'
> by config.
>
> I browsed through /usr/share/* but could not find anything.

thanks for pointing this out that it wasn't documented in LINT...
ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD