Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:18:46 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dfu-util 0.5

El día Friday, April 20, 2012 a las 03:57:01PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky escribió:

> On Tuesday 17 April 2012 22:05:43 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 April 2012 21:58:36 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > > Hi Matthias,
> > >
> > > I reviewed the dfu-util code and there is a bug there with regard to
> > > libusb usage.
> > >
> > > Can you try the attached patch. It fixes a duplicate libusb open bug.
> > >
> > > --HPS
> >
> > Found a small bug. Try updated patch.
> >
> > --HPS
>

> Hi,
>
> You need to patch the latest git:
>
> git clone git://git.openezx.org/dfu-util.git
>
> And build that.

Hello Hans,

Thanks for your helping hand; the patch does its work fine based on the
sources out of git; I could not build it until now for some problems
with the tool 'autoreconf' used to create the configure script; I will
dig into this...

on the other hand it turned out the SHR devel folks do not recommend
the usage of 'dfu-util' anymore to flash the NAND memory of the
Freerunner cellphone; there is rumor that the resulting root file system
is logically corrupt; they recommend now the creation of an ext2fs on
the microSD card and just untar the distribution into it (which worked
fine and my Freerunner is now on the last stage version);

in any case, I will return to this and test your patch.

Thanks again

	matthias