Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:46:05 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newest bt848 driver

Hi,

> > is c3 the ONLY address that spoke out?
>
> Yes.
>
> I opened the tuner, and the chips are:
>
>   TSA5522T
>   TDA5737M
>   TDA9800T

these are the same as was in the Temic tuner on the STB card I had.
for the record, we are talking about:

"Front end 4062 FY5 Temic 3x8 501"

which is showing up @ 0xc2/c3

my old STB was a 4032 and showed up @ 0xc0/c1
so the problem is how we differentiate this UK version from other
cards since they ALL respond to 0xc2.. I guess I need to write that
"siganture" probe I mentioned where we probe every READ address from
0x01 thru 0xff.  I then build a bitmap of ACKs, 1 = present.
128 read addresses / 8 == 16 byte signature.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by