Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 96 13:57:34 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        gmarco@scotty.masternet.it
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pgpperl

 > Is there anyone that use pgperl ( a graphics extension for perl - a macro
 > language for pgplot) with FreeBSD ? I have the sources but I am not able to
 > compile it (but it is normal, I am not able to compile nothing :-)

 > Obviusly there are ports for some platforms but not FreebSD <grin> .
 > If someone is interested the url is :

The FreeBSD support should be in the next version because I sent the
FreeBSD makefile to the author some time ago :-)
Anyway, use the following Makefile.PL.freebsd:

use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
# See lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm for details of how to influence
# the contents of the Makefile that is written.
WriteMakefile(
    'NAME'      => 'PGPLOT',
    'VERSION'   => '1.0',
    'LIBS'      => ['-L/usr/local/lib -lcpgplot -lpgplot -lf2c -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lX11 -lm'],
    'DEFINE'    => '-DHAS_UNIX_FUNCTIONS',     # e.g., '-DHAVE_SOMETHING'
    'INC'       => '',     # e.g., '-I/usr/local/pgplot'
);

The hard part is to build pgplot itself so that it creates shared
libs.

 > http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~kgb/pgperl.html

 > thanks very much for attention...

 > Regards...

 > | Internet:  gmarco@masternet.it      |        ,,,         |
 > | Internet:  gmarco@fi.nettuno.it     |       (o o)        |
 > | http://www2.masternet.it/~gmarco    | ---oo0-(_)-0oo---  |
 > | http://www2.masternet.it/           |     Gianmarco      |

Jean-Marc
 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr