Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 15:00:36 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libforms - thumbs up or down?

The current libforms does not work in -current; the only available
example hangs.

This makes me wonder if we shouldn't just remove libforms entirely
since _nothing_ currently uses it.  It's a nice idea and all, but we
have to be a little mercenary about not keeping things around that
just never quite made it into the spotlight for some reason.  I nuked
my own `dmenu' utility out for this reason, and libftp went as well
when it was found to be insufficient for today's needs (passive mode
ftp, for one thing).

We should either improve libforms enough so that it's ready to use in
*something* FreeBSD related or appreciate that it's not going to
happen in the forseeable future and nuke it for now.  We can always
bring it back if we find a use for it and if we DON'T find a use for
it then we've also not got the extra bloat in our source tree.  Useful
bloat I'm usually in favor of, bloat unused by any sort of application
or client I'm not.

					Jordan