Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:27:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      dave@mountain.dogwood.com
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Aironet ad-hoc & channels

Hi,

I'm using Aironet AIR LMC-342s in ad-hoc mode and I'm not sure I
understand how channels work.  When I boot the machine I have "channel
1" in the config line, but ifconfig shows channel 6.  If I do an
ifconfig to change the channel it stays on channel 6.  Then if I
change the SSID and the channel it seems to take.

Can someone clarify how the channels work on this card?

thanks,
dave c