Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2004 12:20:01 +0000
From:      Xian <ian@codepad.net>
To:        "hide110" <hide110@us-it.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No audio with AC97 onboard soundcard after kldload snd_ich.ko

On Friday 05 November 2004 13:20, hide110 wrote:
> after executing kldload snd_ich.ko
>
> When I do:  cat /dev/sndstat
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <Intel ICH4 (82801DB)> at io 0xee00, 0xedc0 irq 17 bufsz 16384 kld
> snd_ich (1p/1r/4v channels duplex default)
>
> Do I have to edit any config files for this to autoapply?  I just executed
> it & it seemed to save.
>
> By default mixer has all values of 0:0, opened up console & set volume &
> pcm to 75:75
>
> xmms will show that the file is playing & so will other devices but I will
> get no sound from speakers.
>
> Am I missing something here?  I've done quite a bit of searching on
> www.google.com/bsd & cannot find myself a resolution.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

I have on board sound on an asus motherboard and found that the sound comes
out of the mic jack, I never thought of listening there until I read
something on a mailing list archive somewhere.
I think it is to do with that the motherboard supports dolby 5.1 but I'm not
sure.

Hope this helps.

--
/Xian

"Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
John W Gardener