Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:39:19 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: obsolete handbook pages at www.freebsd.org

At Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:56:44 -0800,
Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> I think what happens is that the *source* files are wiped out and
> re-checked out on Sundays.  (Multiple times.)  The directory from
> which the Web content is served isn't wiped at all.

Hmm, I'll check around this later.

> > That PR sounds a lot older; kuriyama, is this something you can help with?
>
> I could take a look on this, but I won't have many FreeBSD cycles for
> another few days...Kuriyama-san may be able to get there first.
> Probably want to couple this with a Web site rebuild to make sure we
> aren't blowing away a "real" file.

I've cleaned up build directory.  Next build (3 hours later) will
build with clean source.

But problem is not the source, but the destination directory.  Current
webupdate script will not clean up the destination directory.  This is
because reducing 404 errors.  If we use clean destination, we will got
many 404s when everytime ID changed.

I think I should remove obsoleted pages after some period...

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project