Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:12:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Kimble <jkim364@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Low-cost, FreeBSD-compatible notebook

Hello everyone.

  I am looking into buying a cheap notebook computer (sub $800, the cheaper the better). I have been playing around with FreeBSD for the last few months and have decided to make it my sole OS, so I really want a notebook that's as FreeBSD-compatible as possible. I know ThinkPad's the best for Linux (I would expect the same for FreeBSD), but as they are a little out of my price range ;) I was wondering if you guys had some other suggestions.

  Many thanks!

  J Kim