Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:42:36 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Chris Browning <brownicm@netunlimited.net>
Cc:        questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: newbie PPP question

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Chris Browning wrote:

> Le bonheur n'est pas encore ici. I assumed you meant:
>
> 208.128.132.1
> 208.128.132.2
>
> but I tried both ways. Neither worked. I have also attempted to set up the
> "cacheing-only name server" Do you know anything about this? For that, the
> resolv.conf in the manual is a bit different:
>
> nameserver    127.0.0.1
> nameserver    208.128.132.1
> nameserver    208.128.132.2

The manuals are (always?) correct. Take out the first line.

	nameserver    208.128.132.1
	nameserver    208.128.132.2

is what you should have in resolv.conf. If you want to have your own
DNS running, the book you should get as a reference is `DNS and BIND'
by Cricket Liu, published by O'Reilly.

Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>