Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 01:54:22 -0500
From:      Chris Griffiths <cgriffiths@dca.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   pam issues

Hey,

I am working on getting the pam_smbpass.so working using samba-2.2.2 port
and have the pam_smbpass compiling and testing by adding --with-pam_smbpass to
the makefile.  I am running into the following problems when trying to
change passwords via pam using pam_smbpass:

unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_chauthtok
unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_chauthtok
unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_open_session
unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_close_session

Here is my pam layout:

# Samba services
samba auth       requisite        pam_deny.so
samba auth       required         pam_unix.so
samba account    required         pam_unix.so
samba password   requisite        pam_unix.so 		try_first_pass
samba password   required         pam_smbpass.so 	try_first_pass
samba session    required         pam_unix.so

This should in theory enable password changing/update via windows boxen.  I am
just stuck gettting the pam module to work.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Chris