Date:      Fri, 1 May 1998 11:26:52 -0700
From:      Alan Batie <batie@agora.rdrop.com>
To:        mmoran@veronet.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Named disappeared

--Tj4UTAEmbWebmrJd

On Fri, May 01, 1998 at 11:18:07AM -0400, mmoran@veronet.net wrote:
> How can this happened? Are there any reason(s) why the 'named' disappeared?
> Anyone who have same problem before?

I've been having this problem quite a bit recently; a couple of times it
was because I ran out of swap space, once after a spam attack created too
many sendmails and another after some warez doodz find a writeable ftp
directory, but today it's happened twice for no apparent reason.  I'm
planning on grabbing a newer named this weekend and installing it to see
if that helps.

--
Alan Batie                   ______    www.rdrop.com/users/batie     Me
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /    www.qrd.org         The Triangle