Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:22:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      andy zhang <zhangxia3@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About Filesystem freeze/thaw in freebsd

Thanks, I have already tried "UFSSUSPEND/UFSRESUME ioctls on the
/dev/ufssuspend", and I found it actually not work. In Linux, if I send
freeze ioctl, all write operations will be blocked unless I send thaw ioctl.
   While for "UFSSUSPEND/UFSRESUME ioctls", it does not work in that way.
that is:
   If I send UFSSUSPEND ioctl, I still can do write operations, like create
files, etc.

   I am still looking that the code of ufssuspend, and if that really not
works, i may implement that in my driver level. thanks for any advice.