Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 09:05:47 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@webwizard.org.mx>
To:        WetToast <wettoast@sprint.ca>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, tech@webwizard.org.mx
Subject:   Re: C4232 Sound Drivers

WetToast wrote:

> Hello, i just installed 3.0-RELEASE, and i was glad to see that it
> supports the cs4232 sound card. But when i reconfigured the kernel to
> use the sound card, i kept getting errors, it wont compile.
>
> This is my config file
> ---
> device css0    at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 vector adintr

You might try:

controller pnp0
device  pcm0    at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 vector adintr

Recompile and install kernel.

before rebooting put something similar to

USERCONFIG
pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x530 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 3
quit

 in your /kernel.config file or booting with -c at the config prompt.

do a cat of an .au file to /dev/audio /dev/audio1 or /dev/audio0, fix all
your audio links.  If I'm not mistaken, a sh MAKEDEV snd0 o snd1 from the
dev directory will do it for you but I don't guarantee it.

provecho y saludos

ed