Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:19:05 +0530
From:      Maninya M <maninya@gmail.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>, Artem Belevich <art@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Capture states of all processes at the same time

I am unable to enter DDB. I used the command from this link:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-online-ddb.html

where it says:

------

The second scenario is to drop to the debugger once the system has booted.
There are two simple ways to accomplish this. If you would like to break to
the debugger from the command prompt, simply type the command:

# sysctl debug.kdb.enter=1

------

But when I type that the computer hangs!

What do I do? My primary aim is to get the process states of all processes
running at a particular time, save them and be able to retrieve them when
needed so I can run the processes from those states.

Also how can I know in which CPU (I am using an intel i5 multicore system)
core each process is running?