Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 11:00:52 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Robin Melville <robmel@nadt.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup woes

Robin Melville wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Am I alone in having a hell of a time cvsup-ing 3.4? I'm using the
> exact same supfile as ever, but it crawls (on whatever server I try)
> then finally dies with "TreeList failed: Network write failure:
> Connection timed out" at anything up to one hour after starting.
>
> This is cvsup client REL_16_0 over userland ppp on a 56k modem line with:
>
> *default host=cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all
>
> I'm hoping that it's because the entire world has abandoned their
> seasonal holidays in order to download FreeBSD. However, it's
> possible something is going wrong.

I'm running 3.4-Stable and cvsup ran in 3.5 minutes on a 56kb line.
Only a dozen files or so were updated.

Kent

> Best wishes for the new year!
>
> Robin.

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html