Date:      13 Nov 2002 17:20:00 -0700
From:      Shane Hickey <shane@howsyournetwork.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   9th field in ipmon logs

Howdy all, I just replaced my Cisco PIX 506 firewall with a 5/66 FreeBSD
box and I'm feeling fine.  I'm wading through the logs generated by
ipmon and I need to know where i can get some in-depth answers on the
9th field (tcp flags and such).

The man page explains a little bit and then refers you to the manpage
for ipf.conf.  Well, I don't have any such manpage.  Or if I do, I'm
blind.  Anyway, I understand the tcp flags part, but what are the
numbers that come afterwards?

For example, I'm guessing that an entry ending with "-A 972648548
385190336 53352 IN" is an ACK packet, but what do those numbers stand
for?  The IN is because it is an inbound packet?

Next I need to get my FreeBSD box to talk IPSec 3DEC to a Cisco PIX
525.  Can anyone give any pointers in that direction?

Thanks,

Shane