Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:28:38 -0500
From:      amg <ursa@cris.com>
To:        FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   documentation

Hopefully, this is going to the right people.

   I'm a C/UNIX programmer, and, over the years, I've
 had my snout in a lot of bad code.  And, what all of
 this bad code had in common was lack of (any kind of)
 documentation.  Because of this I am, expectedly, big
 on documentation.

   Toward that end, I'd like to suggest an additional
 doco approach, to augment the handbook.ascii, which,
 by the way, is loaded with lots of good information.
 Despite my not having a high opion of linux, their
 HOWTO series is both a good idea as well as most of
 it being well written.  It seems that a lot of it is
 already written and just needs to gone over to insure
 that it fits FreeBSD.  Credit should, of course, be
 given to the linux team.

   Additionlly, I would like to offer to the Documen-
 tation team, a script that I have written to use
 with my CD burner.  It replaces the two scripts that
 are located in /usr/share/examples/worm:

   makecdfs.sh and burncd.sh,

 neither of which is well commented nor a joy to use.

    I was envisioning a CD-R HowTO or miniHowTo which
 would have input from users about their methods of using
 their burners and any scripts or support programs or
 files that they have generated.

    I hope that you'll find some of this of use.

                                         august
                                         ursa@cris.com