Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 2016 08:48:05 -0800
From:      Navdeep Parhar <nparhar@gmail.com>
To:        Teleric Team <teleric-lists@outlook.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Chelsio cxl and ncxl interface, whats the difference?

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 03:58:18PM +0000, Teleric Team wrote:
> I got a Chelsio T5 520-SO with two ports and I get 2 interfaces for it
> port, cxl and ncxl (cxl0 ncxl0 cxl1 ncxl1). Man page mentions cxl is
> for T5, what about ncxl? Should I get both or is something wrong?
> Which one should I use?  (is there any difference?).

You should use the cxl interfaces.  The 'n' interfaces are for netmap
use and show up only if you have netmap support compiled into the kernel
(which is the default for HEAD but not any stable/release branch).

There is work in progress to move the 'n' interfaces to their own module
so that they'll show up only if you load that extra module to get native
netmap support for cxl/cxgbe.

Regards,
Navdeep