Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 19:10:35 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@genesyslab.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gus ISA pnp, 2.2-STABLE - doesn't work

(Forwarding this over to the multimedia list where you're more likely to
find some help).

I have a Sound Blaster 32 myself so I can't speak from experience, but
Amancio Hasty's added GUS PnP support to a Voxware 3.5 revision of the
sound driver.  In fact, the multimedia group is in the process of beating
on this latest driver on all soundcards to do a wholesale
replacement/upgrade of the driver checked into 3.0-current.  The driver
also builds/runs on 2.2.1+ as well -- I can attest to that.  A few kinks in
the sound code for SB cards still, but those are being worked through.

Anyway, the URL (Amancio's FTP site):

     ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp12.tar.gz

And feel free to post any comments/questions to the multimedia list
regarding the sound driver (which is the current hot topic on the list) and
your sure to get replies.

Hope this helps.

Randall Hopper

Dmitry Kohmanyuk: