Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:53:41 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bde@FreeBSD.org, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Do we want the _SYS_SYSPROTO_H_ junk?

* Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org> [020227 14:39] wrote:
> Since obviously, by nature, all the code for syscall declarations inside
> #ifdef _SYS_SYSPROTO_H_ is bogus, is it truly useful to use it on new system
> calls, or should we not?  I think it's worth having an entry in style(9) for
> system calls, and want to know what should be there regarding this.  It
> seems the struct foo_args /* structure members stuff */ *uap; stuff is at
> least also consistent with what is similarly done with vnode operation
> declarations.
>
> What do you think?

I think there's more important stuff to worry about than this.

I also find that SYSPROTO helps when making syscall modules but
I'm  not sure what you're getting at so I'd apprecciate it if you
held off whatever your plans are for a day.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Tax deductible donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/