Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 02:05:37 -0700
From:      Tetsuya Watanabe <tetsuya1@prodigy.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   I searched mail archives and still have questions re ASDL

Hello,

Even though I searched the mailing lists archives with "adsl AND dhcp,"
I still have some confusion about setting up a DHCP client connected to
an ADSL line.

According to a local telco rep,
Line type: ADSL ( it is NOT g-lite.)
Config    : DMT
Modem     : External one utilizing an RJ45 10B-T connector and POT
connector
Modem<->PC: Ether. I can use any 10BT nic in my pc.
IP assgn. : dynamic
IP lease period: not known, but to be known later.

Question:
1) I wonder if FreeBSD3.2 with isc-dhcp can be configured to work with
DMT type ADSL in the environment, which I mentioned at the top?

2) Is there any restriction when I want to add a LAN and make the adsl
client as gw?

Thank you for your attention. If this post does not belong here, please
let me know.

Regards,
Tetsuya