Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:42:36 -0600
From:      Lars A Anderson <lars@raytheon.com>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   forcing transfer rate & offset

i have a unique scsi peripheral - VLDS tape drive with a scsi 1
personality card. i can get it to respond to mt commands: status,
rewind, offl, but i cannot transfer data. the user manual says it will
ONLY communicate at 5MHz with a REQ/ACQ offset of 5. no matter how i try
i cannot get my 2930CU under 2.4.31 and aic7xxx v6.2.36 to come up with
these settings. it always reports (via cat /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/1 )

> Target 6 Negotiation Settings
>         User: 3.300MB/s transfers
>         Goal: 3.300MB/s transfers
>         Curr: 3.300MB/s transfers
>         Channel A Target 6 Lun 0 Settings
>                 Commands Queued 4
>                 Commands Active 0
>                 Command Openings 1
>                 Max Tagged Openings 0
>                 Device Queue Frozen Count 0

and dd if=/dev/st1 of=/scratch/test  always fails.

i have tried messing with the card bios, aic7xxx module parameters, st
module parameters, i tried aic7xxx_old, i am at a loss.

i even poked around the source to see if i could hardcode it somewhere,
but the code is FAR too complicated for me to attempt that.

i need a way to set it up for period of 50*4ns clocks (200ns = 5MHz)
and an offset of 5.

pls advise & thanks in advance,
i am joining the list but havent' been admitted yet so direct responses
are appreciated.
thanks again,
-la.
--