Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:14:16 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD freezing at random

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 04:38:30PM +0200, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> > Any suggestions welcome?
>
> The usual one: please verify (with memtest86 or similar) that the
> hardware isn't going bad on you - before doing anything else.

If you got the chance, replace all RAM by another set. I had several
cases, where all the memtesting software was happy over days, but
nevertheless the crashes of the machine(s) in question stopped right
after replacing the RAM.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |