Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 02:16:34 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hmmm.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

A 3.0 box running yesterday's -current:

 5:13AM  up 2 days,  2:46, 1 user, load averages: 1.02, 1.03, 1.05
USER             TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
jkh              p0  om.com           12May61     - w

I'm logged in from time.cdrom.com but, as you can see, the host field
is badly truncated.  I've zero'd both utmp and wtmp (though only the
latter should be necessary) and I've made sure that all the binaries
are at 3.0 - there shouldn't be anything writing entries in the old
format but the new entries are still spooged like this.

So what gives?  Anyone have any clues?

					Jordan