Date:      Wed, 05 Jan 2000 22:53:06 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: howto?

LiMiTeD SoULJaH wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>          I'm having problem with startx. I cant seem to configure it.So,
> could you explain or help me with it.  HELP is needed?

Create a file in your home directory called .xinitrc, if it isn't
already there.  Read the man page on xinitrc to see how to set it up.
Because I use kde, mine consists of one line:

startkde

It can be much more complex than this, but this works for me.  If you're
using a window manager like afterstep, for example, you could just have
a one line .xinitrc file that says:

afterstep

--
Best Regards, Joseph