Date:      Sun, 05 Mar 1995 19:39:57 -0500
From:      jha@cs.purdue.edu ("John H. Aughey")
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Any SMP work being done?

I was browsing through the March 14 PC Mag and found an advertisement
for a upgrade system that turns a 486 based machine into a
dual-processor machine.  It plugs into any 168-pin 486 CPU socket and
provides bays for two chips.  It provides up to 256K of zero-wait-state
L2 cache for each engine and will run in single processor mode for non
SMP OS's. (p 66)

This advert sparked my interested in the progress of SMP in FreeBSD.
I'd like to get a hold of anyone who's working on this.  If that
expansion module can do what it says, I might take this up as a pet
project.

---
John H. Aughey (Instructional Lab Administrator)
jha@cs.purdue.edu