Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 1995 07:19:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

As Tom Samplonius wrote:

> > Latest news is that it's a problem of the header compression.
>
>   Header compression?  Doesn't that mean that it is SLIP or PPP problem
> then and not a TCP problem at all?

It's SLIP, but _only_ for TCP.  That made me suspect T/TCP in the
first place: ICMP and UDP datagrams passed the SLIP link.  Only TCP
traffic caused errors at the link layer.

Maybe it was a problem with Auto-VJ, it's not exactly reproducable now
and seems to be solved.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/