Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2012 18:53:07 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, =?UTF-8?Q?Ren=C3=A9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: vlc 2.0.5

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrot=
e:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 09:18:03PM +0100, Ren=C3=A9 Ladan wrote:
>> On 19-12-2012 22:44, Juergen Lock wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> >  It's this time again, there's a new vlc release out and I want to upd=
ate
>> > the port:
>> >
>> >     http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/vlc-2.0.5-001.patch
>> >
>> >  Everyone is invited to test this update and post any issues they find=
>> >
>> A quick test with an online mp3 stream works fine, but I do get this
>> message in the console:
>>
>> VLC media player 2.0.5 Twoflower (revision 2.0.5-0-g1661b7d)
>>
>> Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library icui18n: (Shared
>> object "libicui18n.so.48" not found, required by "vlc")"
>>
>> I have icu-50.1 installed, although the port does not seem to use it.
>> So maybe it is triggered by some dependency.
>
> I don't get that here so yes it's probably a problem in a dependency.

Sorry for those who have seen this in other threads.

To find and fix these issues:
Install sysutils/bsdadmonscripts (If you use pkgng, pleaqse be sure
that you have the latest version!)
# pkg_libchk -o | grep libicu | cut -f1 -d: | sort | uniq > somefile
# portmaster -D `cat somefile`

This will update all ports that are still linked to the old icu
libraries. This should be a very short list as only a handful of ports
link directly to these libraries. Many more depend on these ports, but
don't directly link to libicu sharables and don't need re-building.
--=20
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com