Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:11:34 -0400
From:      Jeff Wirth <jeff.wirth@gmail.com>
To:        Brian McCann <bjmccann@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache logging?

> Anyone here know how to get Apache to log in GMT when the system clock
> is in local time?  I can't imagine this being "impossible"...but I

you didn't mention what version of apache...

1.3.* -> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#accesslog

[10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700]  (%t)
    The time that the server finished processing the request. The format is=
:

        [day/month/year:hour:minute:second zone]
        day =3D 2*digit
        month =3D 3*letter
        year =3D 4*digit
        hour =3D 2*digit
        minute =3D 2*digit
        second =3D 2*digit
        zone =3D (`+' | `-') 4*digit=20

    It is possible to have the time displayed in another format by
specifying %{format}t in the log format string, where format is as in
strftime(3) from the C standard library.

-jeff