Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:09:30 +0100
From:      Hexploder <hexploder@yahoo.it>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libgnomeui, bad reference from libtool

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:03:05 -0600, hexplodr <hexploder@yahoo.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> making port x11-toolkits/libgnomeui I get the
>> following
>> error:
>>
>> grep: /usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomecanvas-2.la: No such file
>> or directory
>> sed: /usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomecanvas-2.la: No such file
>> or directory
>> gnome-libtool: link:
>> `/usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomecanvas-2.la' is not a valid
>> libtool archive
>>
>> The expecting library is actually located in:
>> /usr/local/lib/libgnomecanvas-2.la
>>
>> the system is fbsd6.1 and libraries have been updated
>> (included gnome components, as from file UPDATING
>> [20061014]).
>>
>> What am I supposed to do? Create a link in
>> /usr/X11R6/lib? Should the port be updated?
>
> Never create symlink. Your answer is in /usr/ports/UPDATING (20061014).
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

Thanks for your answer, Mezz
actually I had already tried (with portmaster) but wasn't enough.
I solved the problem looking manually for the bad references:

#find / -type f -name "*.la" | \
xargs grep -l /usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomecanvas-2.la

then for each line:

#pkg_info -W [line]

and forcing reinstalling of the resulting packages, with portmaster.
Regards