Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 1995 09:02:44 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit

 * > cvs commit said something like "ci warning: missing message for -m
 * > option" and started asking for messages using the ">>" prompt after
 * > I typed "!" in response to the "a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this
 * > message unchanged for remaining dirs" question during a
 * > multi-directory commit.  Anyone know why?
 *
 * I have always seen this on multidirectory commits.  What happens is the
 * message is created in the first subdirectory, since each directory is
 * the current directory for the commit phase.
 *
 * Typically, if the changes you made are all described by your first comment,
 * use the '!' to reuse the comment on all files.

I know....  Sorry if it wasn't clear, the problem is that it DIDN'T
re-use the message after my "!", printed out the message ("ci
warning") given above and then resorted to ">>" prompts (the one you
get on vanilla ci operation...I think) for the remaining files.

Anybody else having problems with multi-directory commits?

Satoshi