Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 01:01:33 -0800
From:      "Eric C. S. Dynamic" <ecsd@transbay.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   a number of random questions.

1. I've heard there is support for Connectix QuickCam. Where do I find
   out more, how do I distinguish color vs. b/w for the system or is
   that automatic.

2. I've heard that Alpha is now supported. Yes? Up to 600MHz?

3. I've been wanting to establish a mirror site for a while. When I ask
   what I'll have to establish, I don't get workable answers.
   I understand about being inserted in the DNS as some numbered host,
   but I can't get any details as to what I'll have to do to support
   sup, cvsup, which sets of collections it would be desired for me to
   host, how my site will be kept in sync with momma, etc. If someone
   would like to fill me in on this or assist me, I can maybe unload
   a bit of ftp & c. bandwidth from walnut creek.

4. Can I run routed and mrouted on the same machine without causing
   headaches?

5. What sort of 'programme' is there for freebsd folks to go after
   major vendors to offer to port popular commercial products to
   freebsd? I hassle vendors now and then, symantec, netscape, adobe,
   etc. but of course they never reply with anything useful.

6. Does anyone know what I do to enable Apache to handle the "microsoft
   front page extensions"?

7. Whatever happened to 'units'?

8. Instead of being a ditz, I should (a) subscribe to which freebsd
   mailing lists, (b) which pertinent newsgroups?

9. We run a computer storefront, and would like to advocate FreeBSD
   as a more-than-viable component of an office network. We have
   sold a few "FreeBSD systems" to businesses and educational
   institutions as servers. Toward this end we're going to try to
   showcase FreeBSD in as much glory as we can shower on it, and
   try to install as many applications on it as possible to show
   that one can do most or even all of what one might like to do
   with a machine without having to use a Microsoft product.
   We'll also try to beef up to be a support center for installed
   free-Unix systems (FreeBSD, then Linux if necessary.)
   Therefore, I'd like to find where to intersect with the freebsd
   'organization' to keep current on events and to work with folks
   who know of cool things that can be used on freebsd. Anyone
   wishing to give me assistance can reach me at ecsd@transbay.net.

Thanks.