Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:01:11 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Whither ttmkfdir?

I see that x11-fonts/ttmkdir has been deleted and marked as "orphaned". It
is still readily available from several places including the frozen, but
very much alive FreeCode as well as Github. I don't know of any substitute
for this tool to build font directories for TT fonts.

Are font directories still needed? If so, this port really needs to be
restored. It may be old and had not had an update for over a decade, but it
is simple and does the job. I thought RedHat was still "supporting" it.

If font directories are no longer required by the latest Xorg-server, never
mind.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com