Date:      Wed, 01 May 2002 12:50:09 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: php4_4.2.0 broken, how to get an older port?

Walter Hop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after CVSuping the ports tree and updating php4_4.1.2 to php4_4.2.0 I
> started to experience weird segfaults in the php interpreter (among
> others when using the mkdir() function), this happened on several
> machines running php4_4.2.0 ...
>
> Now I really need to rollback to php4_4.1.2, I've saved a tarball but
> unfortunately I need to change make options so I can't use packages...
>
> Is there a place where you can get older versions of ports?

Look through the CVS logs and find out what date that port was updated,
then use cvsup with the date= option to get that exact version of the
ports tree ... for example, if you want the ports tree from Jan 1 , 2002,
you'd put this in your supfile

*default date=2002.01.01.00.00.00

and it wouldn't get anything newer than that.
You could change your supfile to only update the www section, thus speeding
things up and not regressing your entire ports tree.  This could cause problems
with dependencies though, so use with care.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology