Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:28:34 -0500
From:      "sazzadur rahman" <rahman.sazzadur@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   A query regarding dynamic address configuration in SCTP

Hello,

I am trying to test a dynamic address configuration scenario between a sctp
server and a sctp client.
The scenario is like:

sctp_server(129.15.78.125)
sctp_client(129.15.78.114)

1.
<------------------------------------------------------------------------
connect
     accept
----------------------------------------------------------------------->

2.
<---------------------------------------------------------------------  data

     sack
----------------------------------------------------------------------->

sctp_server
creates an ipalias
of 129.15.78.126

3. addip(129.15.78.126
)-------------------------------------------------------->

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------asconf_ack

4. setpeerprimary(129.15.78.126)------------------------------------------->

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------asconf_ack

5.
<------------------------------------------------------------------------
data   (still  it sends data to peers

                       129.15.78.125 instead of 129.15.78.126)

I was expecting that in step 5, sctp_client would send data to sctp_server
in 129.15.78.126 IP address
which has been set primary by peer. But it still sends data to the old ip
address 129.15.78.125.

I found add ip and setpeerprimary operations were successful as sctp_server
gets successful asconf_ack after each
operations.  I also found that sctp_client gets SCTP_PEER_ADDR_CHANGE event
with states SCTP_ADDR_ADDED and SCTP_ADDR_CONFIRMED after addip operation
by sctp_server and SCTP_ADDR_MADE_PRIM state after set_peer_primary_address
operation by sctp_server. Hence, I guess every operations worked perfect.

So, is my expectation wrong in this scenario? What else should I do to make
sctp_client send data to 129.15.78.126 ip address instead of
129.15.78.125ip address?

I would appriciate any help in this regard.

Best Regards,
Sazzadur Rahman,
Graduate Student,
School of computer science,