Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:34:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        jhb@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   ithread preemption

I've forgotten -- What are the symptoms of ithread preemption causing
troubles on alpha?

I have one (probably dumb) idea: Is the ithread preemption code
guaranteed to switch back to the preempted thread when the ithread
completes or blocks?  And continue through to the end of the interrupt
dispatch code, returning back to the palcode?

Eg, I'm wondering if it could it have anything to do with continuing
to run at IPL_IO when we shouldn't be (like running a normal
process at that priority that the scheduler happened to run by mistake).

Thanks,

Drew