Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:03:36 +0200
From:      Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB wired mouse not working

--------------enig3F77674A24E88E3059428A14

Fabio Pennati wrote:
>    I installed FreeBSD Release 7.0 stable from ftp.
>    I found the following problems:

>    1) I can boot only in "rescue mode"; all other options result in an
>    hang. This could not be a problem if there is not influence on probl=
em
>    no.2 below.

I am afraid the second problem may be related to your kernel hang in
the first place.

Can you post the output of your "dmesg" command?
What kind of machine is this.

Is it fresh install or update/overwrite of something else?

>    2) The USB mouse do not work at all, also if it is recognized during=

>    boot (it is configured as standard in /etc/devd.conf) and a proper
>    "moused" process is started. The mouse is seen as usb generic device=
,
>    sysmouse protocol on port /dev/ums0. I  checked also with "usbdevs"
>    command  ant it appears normally on the usb hub.

Can you post the kernel logs when the mouse is attached?

I have (I think) similar setup - a laptop with external mouse.

I have two processes running:

% ps ax |grep moused
   583  ??  Is     0:51,41 /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto -I=20
/var/run/moused.ums0.pid
  1270  ??  Rs     0:31,96 /usr/sbin/moused -3 -p /dev/psm0 -t auto

So should you also have.

Can you recompile the kernel with USB_DEBUG set and set the following=20
variables at boot:

hw.usb.uhci.debug=3D6
hw.usb.ohci.debug=3D6
hw.usb.ums.debug=3D10

You may want to remove all usb-devices from the kernel and load them as=20
modules in /boot/loader.conf:

usb_load=3D"YES"
ugen_load=3D"YES"
uhid_load=3D"YES"
ukbd_load=3D"YES"
ulpt_load=3D"YES"
ums_load=3D"YES"
cdce_load=3D"YES"
ubsa_load=3D"YES"
uplcom_load=3D"YES"
ng_ubt_load=3D"YES"
umass_load=3D"YES"
uscanner_load=3D"YES"

This is will make applying patches easier (you can set USB_DEBUG then in =

/etc/make.conf or in the appropriate /sys/modules/<module>/Makefile with:=

DEBUG_FLAGS=3D-g -DUSB_DEBUG

--Marcin