Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:38:23 -0400
From:      "MET" <met@uberstats.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Configuring XFree86 - not working...

So I've installed XFree86 (or rather FBSD 4.6.2 did as it came with it).
I'm updated my ports and my system to -STABLE.  However when I try to
configure X-Server I get a blue flashy screen that reminds of death (too
many years on MS I guess).  Any how, I'm attempting to the Handbook (
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html
):

	# XFree86 -configure

	# XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new

Instead of the wonderful "black and grey grid and an X mouse cursor" I
get some retarded shaky blue-ish crap.  My machine is a Dell Inspiron
8200 Laptop ( 15 IN SXGA+ || 64MB DDR 4X AGP NVIDIA NV17 3D VIDEO ).

Any ideas what I have to do in order to get this to work?

~ Matthew