Date:      Sat, 26 Nov 2016 15:10:16 +0000
From:      Tristan Verniquet <tris_vern@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: qsort switching to insertsort

g> on behalf of Tristan Verniquet <tris_vern@hotmail.com>
> Sent: Saturday, 26 November 2016 8:26 PM
> To: freebsd hackers
> Subject: qsort switching to insertsort
>=20
> But I haven't been able to find much discussion on it. I'm not sure how w=
ell known the quirk is. I'm not sure of the rationality for it in the first=
 place (obviously a speedup, but whether it was considered alongside the do=
wnfalls), or what other peoples opinions  are. So I thought I'd ask.

Now that I've emailed I did find some previous discussion about it (linked =
from the links I posted - I had originally tried searching the discussion l=
ists with no success):

http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org/msg155127.html

The chain just starts positively but just seems to drift off..

Tristan=