Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:35:41 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sudden reboots

DT> While I agree with your statements in general, it sure is odd that a
DT> small group of us all experienced problems soon after upgrading to
DT> 4.5-RELEASE and had not had such problems before.

Long time ago, when I switched from Red Hat Linux to FreeBSD (4.2 i
guess) I started experiencing sudden reboots.

This had never happened with Linux and started happening with
FreeBSD. I don't know what is the cause of this, but it happens most
frequently when I compile stuff.

At that time, the answer I got from the list was something like 'well,
But this particular machine (not mission-critical obviously) shows
these reboots from time to time ...

I'm about to go to 4.5 this week or the next one ... I'll see if this
solves the problem.

Fernan

PS: a question: would kernel debugging help here?