Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 1995 22:39:18 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@Shockwave.COM>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   kerberosIV distribution needs resurection...

We need to bring this back, or at least libdes from it.  The eBones
DES libraries we have are -not- fully compatible, specificly telnet is
broken with the non-US DES code because the following functions are missing:

des_init_random_number_generator
des_new_random_key
des_set_random_generator_seed
des_string_to_key
des_pcbc_encrypt

Our choices are to fix eBones (I'll be glad to the next time I step out of
the USA...which can be arranged) or at least bring back libdes.

Does -anyone- have a better (more compatible) DES support package for Kerberos?

Paul