Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:35:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mi@privatelabs.com
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: EP driver still habgs after 4,0 upgrade

On 18 Apr, Stan Brown wrote:
= 	Well the good news is, it's better. The bad nes is it is till possible
= 	to get it to hang :-( It hangs in the OACTIVE state, if that's
= 	helpfule, and just doing an ifconfgi dow, folowed by an ifconfig up on
= 	the hung card wull cause it start working again for a while. It's
= 	alwasy during one of these big Amanda trabsfers that it hangs.
=
= 	Both cards are using 10BASEt caeing, and I have swaped computers, and
= 	both cards at this point in time. In addition I have set up an
= 	identical computer using NE2000 clones (D Link), and put it in the same
= 	service. I has never hung up.
=
= 	Cany anyone sugest any way to help debug this problem. I would be happy
= 	to do anything that will help in getting this fixed.

See if reducing MTU helps you. I set it at 900 (default is 1500) and
the problem went away... (ifconfig ep0 mtu 900)

	-mi