Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:32:37 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port of Scilab...

Jose M. Alcaide said on Jun 14, 2001 at 01:02:55:
> > The port math/Scilab is pretty out of date, so I tried compiling
> > the new version 2.6 manually.  I met the following problems:
> >

> There is a proposed update to the Scilab port, but it has not
> been committed yet (and I don't know why):
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=26997

Thanks.  Should have checked the archives...

This one builds.  It fails the same tests that mine did, but works
ok in general.  In any case, it has to be an improvement over the old
port, which can't even be built because the original tarball is no
longer available at the main FTP site.

Maybe this should be committed and the old port removed?

Thanks
Rahul.