Date:      Tue,  7 Mar 1995 21:42:07 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
Cc:        CVS-commiters@freefall.cdrom.com, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/audio/tracker/patches patch-aa

In message <199503060522.AA24895@balboa.eng.uci.edu> Steven Wallace
    writes:

>>>  Set MACHINE type to freebsd.
>>>  Set default PREFIX to /usr/local.
>>
>> Please, back out this changes.
>> MACHINE=freebsd already in global Makefile.
>> PREFIX passes and don't need to be setted.
>> You don't need to go to work/tracker to build it.
>> With your changes we'll need to fix patch-aa
>> EVERY NEW RELEASE, because VERSION= placed just one line below
>> MACHINE=.

>My only change is to make it say MACHINE = freebsd instead
>of MACHINE = sparc and PREFIX = /usr/local instead of PREFIX=/users/algo...
>Now it will work inside work/tracker and within the ports structure.

I don't see any purpose to work under work/tracker. Basically I try
to _minimize_ our local changes to neccessary changes only. This way
lower dependance of original package rewrites.

>Anyways, I see your point with the VERSION line afterwards, so
>I have removed that out of the patch file.  Happy? :)

Do you correct line numbering too? (Or rest of patch will be skipped).

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -